Here’s how you can make more money with your car shipping brokerage by shipping vehicles internationally to Alaska, Hawaii, Guam and Puerto Rico. The best part is, it’s easier than domestic vehicle shipping. International auto transport is a easy way to make extra money as car shipping broker. If you already own a car shipping brokerage, then you can easily ship cars overseas. Read the steps below to learn just how easy it is.
If you are not a licensed car shipping broker, click here to how to start an car shipping business, then come back to this page to learn how to ship cars internationally. With an active Motor carrier (MC) number from the Federal motor carrier safety administration or “FMCSA” , you have the ability to act as a car shipping broker and transport vehicles in the domestic U.S., and now, internationally as well! Shipping a vehicle internationally is no different than domestic car shipping. It will not even require any additional licenses or permits, in fact, you don’t even need any fancy CRM to dispatch loads making it easier, less time consuming and most importantly, more profitable!
Guide to transport vehicles internationally:
Follow these easy steps to transporting vehicles internationally to Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico.
1. Call below companies, and have them set you up as a broker in their internal system as a approved vehicle shipping broker. They will ask you for simple information such as your company name and motor carrier number as well as a point of contact and phone numbers to reach you.
2. The container Company or “vessel” will then email you a rate sheet and provide you with their terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are very fair and work in the brokers favor.
3. Once you have secured an international order, then you can call or email the container company your clients information.
4. Your Done, wasn’t that easy? Now you have made money on both ends, this is called double dipping, essentially a broker fee for getting the vehicle to the port or vessel, and a broker fee for the referral to the shipping company.
Extremely easy and profitable, less work then domestic shipping and You don’t have to handle anything with the international shipment, it’s just a matter of referring the customer over to the Port Container Company, and then you get a “finders fee” for just emailing them your clients information. This is worth the call to get registered with the below companies! Now you know How to Transport vehicles internationally.
Here are the companies to register with:
1. Call Matson: 800-462-8766 then type: hit 9 then 1 (to skip prompts)
Email your customers information to: email@example.com
Matson charges their clients $1070 per car, however if you refer them as a broker this is what they charge:
* Your first 6 cars you ship: $1070 each (you can charge a broker fee on top of this, in addition to charging a fee to get the car to the port)
* After 6 cars shipped: $970 (Now you make an extra $100 a car just for emailing the customers info., not to mention your other broker fee’s as well for getting the car to the port etc..)
* After Shipping 76 Cars: $870 (Now you are a Hawaii PRO, and make an extra $200 per car just for emailing them your customers info, not to mention your other broker fee’s)
1. Wrightway carriers 907-277-4549 email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Alaska Auto Transport- 907-222-6666 email orders to email@example.com
1. TOTE 877-775-7447
2. Crowley Maritime 888-261-3105
Most car shipping brokers are make tons of additional revenue by shipping vehicles internationally. From what other brokers are saying, these are deals are easy! Call us now, sign up for our auto transport leads packages and start receiving international auto shipping leads!